Thames Reach Airport encourages the following policy initiatives for a holistic aviation and transport solution:
- EU Emissions Trading System ETS and future inclusion of surface access component (door to door carbon use) – towards a global agreement
- VAT – based on global agreement
- Single European Sky (SES) and Single European Sky ATM Research (SESAR)
- Air Passenger Duty APD – subject to overall policy
- Greener aviation – active aircraft taxiing, larger more efficient aircraft,
- Integrated rail networks in UK and EU
Thames Reach Airport advocates a two staged decision making approach:
- Expert “Eastern Alliance” to enable an evidence-based decision, independent of a political influence – to assess alternatives for an integrated solution.
- Parliament decides based on the “technical” findings with a broadest possible political consensus.